monitoring skills are not the only critical skills a CRA needs to be effective
in their role. A highly effective CRA is a great communicator; is able to
anticipate potential challenges and barriers to success and takes the steps to
remove and/or mitigate them; focuses on building relationships and partnership
with their key stakeholders to position their projects/studies for success;
resolves conflict with confidence, bravery, and laser-sharp solution focus; and
identifies and solves problems for their root causes. This course is for the
CRA who wants to build upon their existing communication, problem solving, and
conflict resolution skills, and ultimately increase their effectiveness at the
study site. Through highly interactive role-play and real-world case study
activities, we will address:
• How can I move from
reacting to challenges to anticipating and removing barriers to success?
• How do I drive results
when I do not have direct authority over the investigator?
• How do I take a
proactive approach to my work and work-related issues?
• How do I have the tough
conversations with the investigator and her/his staff?
• How do I take my work to
the next level of effectiveness?
- Describe what it means to be a highly effective
- Describe the CRA/Investigative Team
relationship lifecycle during a study
- Identify common pain points in this
relationship, their root cause, prevention, and solutions
- Identify three steps to being
proactive and deliberate in your everyday activities
- Explain how great communicators
- Perform active listening behaviors
- Identify five motivators and points
of leverage in the Investigator-CRA relationship
- Describe the mindset of a true
professional and name 10 tips for increasing your professionalism
- Examine issues in real world
situations between the CRA and Investigative sites
- Conduct two root cause analysis
techniques with your peers
- State 6 practical tips for assessing
and addressing conflict
- Define partnership
- This is an intermediate level course for the CRA
who has more than 2 years of experience and seeks to build upon their
existing communication, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills
The course will be led by one of the following
J. Deiaco-Smith, M.S.Ed.
Click here for complete trainer
Day One: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The Highly Effective CRA Defined
- Common Pain Points in the CRA Investigative team relationship
- The Proactive CRA
- The Proactive CRA: Being Deliberate; Proactive Language Activity; Outcomes-Based
- The Great Communicator: 5 components of communication; Active Listening; Investigative
Site Role Play; Self-Awareness and Thinking Win-Win; Win-Win Island Activity;
Points of Leverage in the CRA-Investigative Site Relationship
Two: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The True Professional: Building trust through your actions; Professionalism Case
- The Problem Solver: A problem solving method; Root cause analysis techniques;
Root causes analysis Team Activity; Sustainable solutions; Problem Solving
- Conflict Resolution Framework: Being Brave: Tips for having the difficult discussions; Sticky
Situations Case Study Activity; Conflict Resolution Simulation
- Moving to Partnership
- Case study review; situational reviews; conflict
simulation; active listening simulation; problem identification
simulation; problem solving relay
fees include assorted breakfast items that will be available each day ½ hour
prior to the start of the seminar. Also included is a Networking Lunch that
will be served each training day.
Special rates are available for
multiple attendees from the same organization.
Contact Melissa Dolen at 781-972-5418 to discuss your options and take
advantage of the savings.
Click here for our seminar
Barnett International is accredited by the
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing
pharmacy education. Participants will
receive 15 hours (1.5 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full
participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test, and program
evaluation. Barnett International will
issue a receipt of completion for earned CEUs within three weeks of program
completion. ACPE#: 0778-0000-17-008-L01-P.
this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at +1