focus of this course is to strengthen the skills required of the CRA Manager to
effectively hire, manage, motivate, and optimize the performance of CRA teams.
In this course, you will sharpen your people skills and develop an
understanding of the key components of successful team and performance
management. This course is a must for new and aspiring managers. Several
document templates will be provided for you to customize and use during your
daily activities as a Manager. Examples and interactive exercises will pertain
specifically to managing Clinical Research Associates (CRAs).
- Describe a CRA management philosophy based on
competencies, performance objectives and metrics
- Identify effective interviewing
techniques to hire CRAs
- Demonstrate effective communication
- Identify motivational needs of CRA
- Develop strategies for “Win-Win”
- Analyze performance problems and
understand the goals and limitations of performance appraisals
- Recognize effective use of feedback,
coaching, and praise as a CRA Manager
- Describe the principles of effective
- Develop a more engaged team which
contributes to quality performance
- Describe methods for managing
clinical research projects more effectively
- Managers, Clinical Project Coordinators, or newly
promoted Project Team Leaders who are responsible for managing clinical
- Experienced Clinical Research
Associates who are becoming involved, or hope to become involved, in teams
- Technically trained staff with
little or no management experience
The course will be led by one of the following
B. Freeman, M.S.
Marla Hoelle, R.N., B.S.N.,
Lily Romero, P.A., C.C.R.C.
Click here for complete trainer
Day One: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Introduction: Defining the role of the CRA Manager
- Establishing Competencies, Setting Performance Objectives, and
CRA Performance Metrics
- Interviewing and Hiring CRA Candidates
- Communication and Listening Skills
- Conflict Resolution: Conflict Management Styles, Initiating Win-Win
Two: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Effective Feedback, Praise and Coaching
- Analyzing Performance Problems
- Constructive Criticism and Counseling
- Performance Appraisals
- Team Building and Project Management Introduction
- Developing a CRA Performance Model Based on
- Developing Interviewing Questions
and Choosing Candidates
- Active Listening
- Analyzing Motivational Needs
- Case Study: Win-Win Conflict
- Conflict Management Style Survey
- Case Study in Feedback and Praise
- Case Study: Analyzing Performance
- Delegation: A Self-Test
- Delegation Personal Action Plan
- A Good Team Leader Checklist
- Teambuilding Personal Action Plan
fees include assorted breakfast items that will be available each day ½ hour
prior to the start of the seminar. Also included is a Networking Lunch that
will be served each training day.
Special rates are available for
multiple attendees from the same organization.
Contact Melissa Dolen at 781-972-5418 to discuss your options and take
advantage of the savings.
Click here for our seminar
Barnett International is accredited by the
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing
pharmacy education. Participants will
receive 15 hours (1.5 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full
participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test, and program
evaluation. Barnett International will
issue a receipt of completion for earned CEUs within three weeks of program
completion. ACPE#: 0778-0000-19-037-L01-P.
this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at +1