Take advantage of our $1507.50 price by registering early!
* After Friday, May 4, 2018, costs are $1687.50.
Twenty-first century leaders are problem solvers. But how do successful leaders get from point A: Identifying a problem exists to point B: The problem is solved? The answer is: Very carefully, especially when they don’t have authority over budget. This highly interactive, practical course presents participants with best practice methodologies and key tools and techniques to help them take a problem from root cause analysis, to creating a cost-benefit analysis, to crafting a compelling story in an effort to obtain funding. Participants will have the opportunity to work on their own work-related problem during several activities. Participants will leave with a partially completed business case for their solution as well as the benefit of hearing first-hand accounts of practical solutions from other participants.
- Create a clear problem statement
- Articulate the effects of this problem
- Identify the root cause(s)
- Identify the stakeholders and decision makers for funding the solution
- Create a cost-benefit analysis
- Craft a value proposition
- Create a compelling story communicating the vision and business case to secure funding
Who Should Attend
- Site Managers
- Sponsor Managers
- Project Managers
- Project Leads
- Senior Clinical Research Associates
The course will be led by one of the following instructors:
Holly J. Deiaco-Smith, M.S.Ed
Click here for complete trainer biographies
Day 1: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Module 1: Problem Solving: Developing clear problem statements, analyzing root cause, defining quality solutions – corrective actions
Day 2: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Module 1: Problem Solving, continued: Defining quality solutions – preventative actions
- Module 2: Building the Business Case: Identifying and analyzing stakeholders, when you need funding – developing a cost-benefit analysis
- Module 3: Obtaining Buy-In: Crafting the value proposition, telling your story
- Activity 1: Writing Good Problem Statements
- Activity 2: Root Cause Analysis: Five Whys
- Activity 3: Root Cause Analysis: Cause and Effect Diagram
- Activity 4: Your Problem’s Root Cause Analysis
- Activity 5: Your Problem’s Solutions
- Activity 6: Your Solution’s Stakeholder Analysis
- Activity 7: Your Solution’s Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Activity 8: Your Solution’s Value Proposition
- Activity 9: Telling Your Story
Registration fees include assorted breakfast items that will be available each day ½ hour prior to the start of the seminar. Also included is a Networking Lunch that will be served each training day.
Special rates are available for multiple attendees from the same organization. Contact Melissa Dolen at 781-972-5418 to discuss your options and take advantage of the savings.
Click here for our seminar cancellation policy
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 15 hours (1.5 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test and program evaluation. Barnett International will issue a receipt of completion for earned CEUs within three weeks of program completion. ACPE# 0778-0000-17-060-L01-P. Released: 3/17.
Hold this course at your company!
For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at (215) 413-2471.